Saturday, June 2, 2012

Rule #1 of riding a roller coaster - Both hands in the air!

I woke up this morning thinking - Oh no, what have I done... I really started a blog? I am riding an emotional roller coaster (this will be explained another day) and somewhere between one of the twirls and loops I designed and launched a blog.  I feel like that's a little bit of a pre-pre-mid life crisis type of decision.
But during this minor freak out, I got my girls back from their grandparents house! Life is just happier when your family is all together again.  So I took a deep breath, and just started to let all the blessings the Lord was giving me sink in...

Snack time is so simple, but so fun :) Today was apple juice and teddy grahams! I loved the sweet and kind eyes of Norah, and Ashley's little finger saying, "Hold on Mom.. I think I just stuffed every graham in my mouth at the same time."
 Bath time and dry time is a gift... mostly with smiles, but the occasional tired frown.
 Thanks for brushing our teeth Pop Pop! I can't be thankful enough for grandparents that love my girls more than the world... serve them, love them, laugh with them :) So blessed!
A little play before bed and the day was done.  I was able to sit back and think... Even when the day starts off a little rocky, focusing on all the blessings God has given me focuses me back on the joy I have. Happiness can be shifty, but joy is in the foundation of Jesus. Pretty amazing huh?

3 comments:

  1. Mary~the girls are too precious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at them develop little imaginations and personalities! I can't wait to keep sharing some of the fun things their starting to do!

    ReplyDelete