Thursday, July 19, 2012

Long Lost Friend!

So I met a long lost friend at camp last week.  What I mean by long lost is not that we have known or established a friendship in the past, but instead that we should have been best friends all our lives but happened to just live too far away :) I met one at camp! My husband says that she's a soul mate friend even though we only had a few days together. 

Here's the funny story... As we arrived at camp, there were several other church plants there that had brought their youth groups. Kristin and I met eyes and got confused looks on our faces... We were sure in both of our heads that we knew each other but were too embarrassed to approach each other and not know how. Long story short.... We don't have any connections. We are pretty sure we've never even been in the same city before...till now! 

Anyways we had a lot of fun getting to know each other and wish we lived closer... But we are working on a visit already :) I'm not sure why God introduces people like this sometimes, but it was a huge encouragement in ministry life for me...so maybe that's just it, the Lord just wants to remind me that we are one big family in Jesus- all over the world :) What an awesome God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment