Monday, July 30, 2012

Meal planning... So far so... Not.

So I've been contemplating how to start a meal planning calendar. This seems like a good idea so that I have less nights that I am frantically looking in the fridge thinking, "what can I make with what's in here?"

So as a first means of research I've hit the blogging world! I've learned several things...

1. Make a family binder to help you be more organized!
CHECK! (more to come on this)

2. Form a list of meals that you can or enjoy making... Preferably ones your family like.......

This is where I would like your help! I have some recipes that I enjoy, but am looking for more and a variety! Willing to join in the fun? In the comments section leave your favorite recipe :) then we can all try it and maybe it'll make the list! I will let you know as I try some how they turned out... Sounds like fun right? So now it's up to you! The more recipes the more fun for all!

... P.S. these recipes can totally be only partially home made if its a favorite! For example: on my list of favorites I have tomato soup (campbells select tomato an basil) and grilled cheese! Simple, but so good!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Mary! I usually meal plan for 3 weeks at a time! Makes it easier to do in big trip to the store! But if you check out my pinterest Dinner Time folder there are tons of great meals there! Beef Strogonoff in the crockpot is super yummy (on my board). Also I live crockpot pot roast-- a pot roast, fresh baby carrots, peeled and cut up red potatoes, a can of golden mushroom soup and a dry packet of onion soup mix, also a cut up onion if you want! Throw it all in in the a.m. Cook for about 8 hours on low! So yummy!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of our summer favorites is taco salad and everyone here LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our favorite here is chicken and rice! One can of cream of chicken one can of cheddar cheese (you can use any cream soup we just have found that this is our favorite combo) then one can of rice. Take some chicken thighs (we use bone-in with skin) sprinkle with lemon juice and garlic salt. cook on 375ish for 45ish minutes and DELISH! I can not say this is incredibly healthy but we grew up on it and are still alive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These mini meatloaves are delicious! http://myblessedlife.net/2011/08/mini-meatloaf-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is good and easy, great for summer.
    Fruit Slush
    1 cup sugar
    2 1/2 cup water
    6 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate(thawed)
    6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate

    8 oz frozen strawberries (I used 12 ounces fresh)

    16 oz crushed pineapple with juice
    4 medium bananas
    Cut fruit into small pieces.
    Stir together water and sugar; then mix in juice concentrate.
    Stir altogether and freeze.


    Scoop into individual bowls and pour just a little bit of 7UP or Ginger Ale over the top.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to buy a precooked rotisserie chicken and use it for two meals that week. I take off the meat, mix the white and dark meat together and cut, shred, dice as needed.
    We love to use it for enchiladas, chicken lasagna (roll ups ) and or chicken noodle soup. The possibilities are endless!
    But the chicken is done and always moist!
    *tip- you can shred it all in a kitchen aid!!! Works SUPERB!!

    ReplyDelete