Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Oh dear discipline...



For real?! Look at these sweeties! (Just by the way... it's Norah on the left, Ash on the right) :)  I look back at some of these pictures when they were still in the hospital (this was Valentines Day) and remember how I thought they could never do anything wrong!
Who would have thought just over a short year later I'd be dumbfounded as I watch Nor slap Ashley, and Ashley whack her back, all the while looking at me as if to say, "Mom I'm doing this right now, k?" No! It's not okay darling!
So then it comes down to me... I now have to break my heart by going over and disciplining.  That's the worst! I hate that! I mean... I know I do NOT want to see the outcome of choosing to laugh at it and see how they turn out, but seriously?! I have to let them know its wrong?! Lets just say... I hate that.
 Our biggest "fight" right now is throwing food off the tray.  I am so frustrated with it because I feel like I'm not being consistent.  Honestly, with two little ones learning to feed themselves and a dog anxiously awaiting to immediately eat any food that drops, I can't even tell sometimes that it's happening! Then I see it later, and keep a sharp eye thinking "did that just happen?".  The answer normally is Yes.
Well I guess I'm just gonna have to keep praying for help! I can't be perfect... I can't catch all the food... but I can keep praying! I'll catch the times I can, and work with the girls as much as I can, but I guess I'm just gonna have to pray that I won't have 14 year olds that look at me out the side of their eye, while dropping their food with the other hand :)

No comments:

Post a Comment